Love peanut butter. Love red curry. Stands to reason I love satay. Lots of shop sauces are too sweet, not spicy enough. My aim is the yummy stay dipping sauce served in Viet Garden with lots of dishes, my fave being summer rolls.
- A fat tablespoon, tablespoon and a half (I do love it!) of crunchy peanut butter
- A small squeeze (maybe teaspoon?) of shrimp paste
- A gloop (maybe a tablespoon, wee bit less?) of chilli sauce
- A regular tablespoon of red curry paste
- About 15ml fish sauce
- About 10ml same of lime juice
- Enough water to form a thick sauce
The challenge to overcome for next time is to get the noodles in while hot, or get them hot in the wok but avoid them sticking together which they seem to do when I use them straight from cooking them and drop them into whatever flavourings await. Will ponder and browse some blogs for tips.